Over time I’ve realized you’re either an egg person or not. You like these golden white wonders or you don’t. You can scramble, fry, and boil these beauties. Anabel is an egg person. Please note- I am not one of these egg people. I make them in baking, for my sweet one, and for nostalgia in my grandmother’s memory. She too, like Anabel (her namesake) was an egg person. She had an amazing deviled egg recipe that she made on holidays.
For our sweet ones eggs are a great snack as they have very little carbohydrate. Anabel loves to pop them in between meals or in the car on the way to school. Given the recent blast of cold this weekend we are housebound so what better excuse to make deviled eggs?!? I recently read that it takes 12 minutes to make a perfectly boiled egg. Stick that fact in your pocket.
– boil 6 eggs in unsalted water for 12 minutes (do not place eggs in water until it reaches a full boil)
– once 12 minutes has passed submerge eggs in cold water to stop the cooking process
– when your eggs have cooled cut in half and remove the firm yolks and place in a bowl
– add 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon of sweet relish
– add salt to taste
– mix well mashing the yoke and combining all ingredients
– secret ingredients— place crisp bacon pieces on top and finish with a sprinkle of paprika